Pages

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Have I mentioned I love the Zoo?

Most who know me well know this about me. I love me some animals. It is strange that our family only has one four-legged member (who sits on my lap as I write this) – but this is where we are in life – maybe we’ll stay at a 1:1 child to pet ratio. Anyhow, once a week I travel to the land of the animals – and my heart is always encouraged. I know the Lord did something unique in me in that he uses his creation so specifically to remind me of his grandeur. I try and bring my camera at least once a month. Here are some recent shots:

IMG_9404

My good friend Melissa and Krueger, our Eurasian Eagle Owl

IMG_9424

My brave baby touching a ball python

IMG_3422[1] - Copy

The newest resident at the Zoo – Gypsy, an African elephant

IMG_9245

Nigel, a prehensile tailed porcupine

IMG_8776

Changa, a female Jackson’s Hornbill (working on crating and recall – will be used on outreach programs)

IMG_8810

My version of the crocodile hunter

IMG_8796

Since it’s not a good picture – here’s what’s in my hand:

IMG_8801

“Any glimpse into the life of an animal quickens our own and makes it so much the larger and better in every way.”

-John Muir-

No comments: