Pages

Friday, August 21, 2009

Sanctification through Motherhood – Part II

It has begun.  The discipline stage of parenthood.  We don’t like it.  I don’t like to see this side of Abi.  It hurts my heart.  I love her completely – but this part makes me sad.  Being a parent has so many dimensions.  Goodness.  Why can’t my baby just exhibit her gentleness, her joy, her passion (towards positive things), her sweetness – and be rid of the rest.  Ahh, that’s right.  Sin.  It makes me chuckle (please understand – it’s a sad chuckle.)  What I get frustrated at towards Abi is what I do in my life on a consistent basis.  My sinful self craves something.  In my heart (and often my head) I know it is not the wise course of action.  I think, often I check and make sure no one else is looking – and then I act.  And the Lord must reprimand.  He has to.  He is the ultimate model of a tender, but  consistent disciplinarian.  And I am foolish.  Oh, how I am thankful for grace.

“So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22 For in my inner being I delight in God's law; 23 but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. 24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? 25 Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord! “ Romans 7:21-25

IMG_9168

1 comment:

Kristian and Katy said...

beautiful thoughts. excited to share this journey with you!!