Pages

Monday, August 24, 2009

First Day of School

For some reason, I have Adam Sandler’s voice in my head from Billy Madison. “Back to school, Back to school…”  Ugh.  Today it started.  The beginning of our next two years of life.  Hubby started school.  He, along with the thousands of other students across Dallas, packed their lunch (and dinner), grabbed their syllabi (and laptop) and headed out the door!  All why baby girl cried that her poppa was leaving without her and then blew him kisses as he backed out the driveway.  I am SO sad that I didn’t get a picture this morning.  I realized it as Donald was walking out the door.  I will get one when he walks back in.  At 10:30.  Yep.  Hubby’s a marathoner.  I am so thankful for his amazing diligence and dedication that he’s exhibiting as he heads off to class and then drives up to work (sometimes it will be in the reverse order) to provide for our family.  Plus, he is a SMARTY and will do amazing things with the knowledge that he’s going to receive through SMU’s MBA program.  His heart is so wonderful.  So here we are – first day of school, first day of the next two years, and just another day of me being thankful for my marvelous man.

(Since no picture from this morning – here’s doon and Abi outside one of the business buildings at SMU)

IMG_7634

5 comments:

Kristian and Katy said...

yea donald!!! what a great day. i hope it went well. we can't wait to hear about it!

R said...

I'm thinking of you and praying for you as you and Donald figure out this new schedule.

Amy said...

I didn't even ask how your day was going yesterday with this! So sorry!! Please call anytime if you want/need to hang out. Jeff has meetings at least one night a week so know that dinner with us is always an option.

Amy said...

Oh...and go Donald go!

Sarah said...

Oh school! You guys will survive! Donald will do great! Find some good books to read, Angela. =)