Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Oh, da fourth…

I just love the 4th of July!  I definitely like it better in Michigan than in Texas – but I like it regardless.  It’s just too dang hot here.  The 4th of July in Michigan – there are boats on the lake, a lovely breeze, maybe you need to grab a jacket to watch the fireworks because it is getting a bit chilly….I digress.  But, I do love the 4th.

IMG_1520

Oh, Lake Highlands.  You put on a parade.  We were sweating and enjoying it…but I was still daydreaming about being on a lake…

IMG_1534

My momma & I aka the candy grabb - abi & ry’s cups were overflowing…

IMG_1530

IMG_1539

IMG_1533

I mean seriously, too cute.

IMG_1536Because you can’t call yourself a carnival these days without some really fun bounce houses!

IMG_1540 IMG_1541

IMG_1542

IMG_1544 IMG_1553

Oh, yummy…

IMG_1555Watching fireworks with friends whom we’ll miss at night.  Overall, Abi was a huge fan – minus the “big noise.”

photo-16

Sweet Nate was such a trooper…we woke him up, he stayed awake (and really focused on the fireworks!), and then he fell asleep on the way home.  Thanks, buddy.

photo-17Thankful for family, thankful for friends, thankful for freedoms.

No comments: