Pages

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Memorial Day

Nothing like posting almost 2 weeks after the fact.  BUT, it was a good day.  I think worthy of a post twelve days late.

Every time a holiday that seems to be somewhat centered on war and defense comes around, I am always conflicted.  Donald and I discussed this quite a bit this year, and I feel no less conflicted (unfor. – I wish I would have come out of our discussion with answers to all of life’s scenarios that pull on your heart and soul).  I am ever thankful that men and women are/were inspired to be a part of something that is larger than themselves.  And not even knowing my family, they sign up – for whatever reason – to protect those of whom they’ll never lay eyes on.  That is courageous and brave.  I am grateful.  I know I take for granted many of the freedoms that I am given simply by being born in this country.  However, I know that war must grieve the heart of the Lord.  That seeing lives taken over such circumstances is horrific.  I am thus torn.  Memorial Day is a kettle of unsettled feelings for me.

BUT, we did have fun day with Donald off, Grandparents having pools, Grandparents’ neighbors having horses, and Dallas providing the Orchestra and fireworks!

IMG_7233  IMG_7250 IMG_7253 IMG_7257

(she made her momma proud, she wasn’t scared of the horses at all!)

IMG_7261 IMG_7265 IMG_7285 IMG_7308 IMG_7327

1 comment:

Sarah said...

be careful. once the girl loves the horses it never stops...but what a good love it is!