Pages

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Flashback 2010: Thanksgiving

Gratitude bestows reverence, allowing us to encounter everyday epiphanies, those transcendent moments of awe that change forever how we experience life and the world.”

-John Milton-

I have loved the last six months of life.  They certainly haven’t been the easiest.  There have been some challenges presented that if someone would have told me were approaching, I think I would have started running.  The challenges weren’t pretty.  They weren’t solved over a long dinner and a cup of coffee either.  They required wrestling…and eventually relinquishing.  Oh, but have these past 6 months changed my life.  I have learned to value simple.  I have learned to be more creative.  I have learned a new love of my husband.  I have learned to look at the world differently.  I have grown to treasure and to claim the provision of a powerful and loving God.

Thanksgiving was so sweet.  Lots of family, lots of love.  Lots of reflection over beautiful meals and quiet evenings.  Lots of laughter in the not so quiet evenings.  We hope that our 2011 is a year whose banner is thankfulness.  We are trying to be intentional in waving that banner daily.

Zamzow Christmas Visit

Doonald's 28th birthday

Wallace Family Picture at Arboretum

No comments: