Pages

Saturday, December 4, 2010

On being thankful – Halloween post in December

To posting on Halloween in December, to posting on a ‘series’ that was supposed to be contained in the month of November – there will be nothing about this that makes sense, I suppose!  But alas, here I am, desperately late posting about our Halloween this year – but thankful for the memories of gratitude and thankfulness that I have when reflecting on the weekend!

IMG_6726

We had a blast at the zoo on Friday evening, although I think that Abi would vote that the zoo is more enjoyable during daytime hours.  (My camera unfortunately died as soon as we took one picture of abi – so these are phone pics, oh well!)

zoo1 zoo3 zoo5 zoo4

Thankful for the blessing of community.  Between block parties and carnivals at the local elementary school – we are blessed to live among families who love each other, love their city, and strive to serve others in providing happiness and beauty.

Halloween 2010 - Copy

Halloween 2010

I am thankful for good friends.  For donald and I and for our Abi.  For traditions.  For the joy of eating grilled cheese and soup with ones who are loved.

Halloween 2010 - Copy1

I am thankful for family.  This is a sweet blessing, to be sure.

Halloween 2010 - Copy3

I am thankful for my husband.  And his creativity to make silly days like Halloween unique and memorable for us!  I am also thankful for chocolate chip pancakes!

Halloween 2010 - Copy2

I am thankful for not having to walk through life alone. 

IMG_6986

No comments: