Pages

Friday, January 15, 2010

Good Morning, World

2.  Just two.  Two morning I have consistently awoken early specifically to spend time with my God during the past two weeks.  I wish I could list another number.  God is graceful – I have found time during various parts of the day during the weeks.  But for me, it is not the same.  The morning is good.  It is right for my soul to begin the day with its creator.  So this morning, I settled into our 1/2 remodeled (the first 1/2 looks AMAZING! pictures will come soon!), I had my juice, my fiber one bar, my vitamin, and my bible.  I had quiet.  I had stillness.  I had heaviness and and a feathery lightness as well.  As a church we are reading through the New Testament as a body.  Check it out, here.  It’s been fantastic.  There is also always an alternate Old Testament reading.  Trying to keep up with that as well (Thanks for the encouragement, Katy)!  And then prayer.  Prayer.  Joy.  Content.  Ready.  Aware.  Open.  Ready for my baby to wake up and love her.  To share with her the beauties of this life.  A good morning.

“Temptations which accompany the working day will be conquered on the basis of the morning breakthrough to God. Decisions, demanded by work, become easier and simpler where they are made not in the fear of men, but only in the sight of God. He wants to give us today the power which we need for our work.”  Dietrich Bonhoeffer

1 comment:

~The Neaves Nest~ said...

that's what I am transitioning into. Having my time in the mornings is best for me. I just can't always get my act together and wake up just a little earlier. My selfish brain needs to wake up and realize just how refreshed I would be if I did!