Pages

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

But why and But what?

Haiti.  That word just brings a heaviness with it now.  A sadness.  Since last week I have been trying to wrap my head around the “why?”  I don’t know.  Why does a country with such poverty have to suffer the loss of everything.  Why do families who have nothing have to travel through losing their “someone’s.”  WHY?!  And then my response.  What can I do?  I can’t hop on a plane to go help.  Send finances, yes, but that seems limited to me too.

My answer to both?  Pray to a powerful God.  Pray to a God who is bigger than my imagination.  Who is more powerful than I can fathom.  Who is more loving that I can understand.  Pray for mothers and fathers, sisters and brothers, those who are hurting and afraid.  Pray for wisdom as leaders in Haiti as well as countries throughout try and rebuild this place where it is impossible to even know where to begin.  Praise that many compassionate people have come from literally all corners of the earth to help their fellow man.  Pray that we wouldn’t forget and ‘move over’ the Haitians as their name drifts from our headlines.  That our minds and hearts would continue to reach out to a place filled with “the least of these.”  Pray that those who are alive would continue to heal and find comfort in Jesus.  Pray that a country would be impacted in a mighty way with the love and care of Christ.

*pictures from here

1 comment:

Kristian and Katy said...

Yes- perfect answer and beautiful thoughts. Thanks for sharing.