Pages

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Sanctification through Motherhood :: Calm & Crazy

Welcome to our playroom.  Or you may know it as the nursery.  Lots of things happen in this room.  Lots of crazy.  In fact, the crazy escalated in this room so much that the lovely little dollhouse has since been relocated to Abi & Nate’s room (even though I’m not a fan of toys in bedrooms, this was classified in my mind as a ‘peaceful toy’ and therefore allowed).

IMG_7859

IMG_7861

Oh goodness, these pictures are so normal.  Crazy.  Misplaced.  Messy.

Many-a-day they drive me insane.  And I’m not even the cleanest person in the world…but I just feel unraveled when a room looks like this.  And in our house…rooms look like this pretty quickly these days.

But I am reminded that I have been given an amazing gift.  I can tap into the source of eternal peace.  He waits to calm my heart.  His truths are separate, above my circumstances.  He invites me to dwell in peace and contentment despite of the seemingly abundant crazy.

He then gently reminds me that I will miss this crazy one day.  The house will soon be neat all the time with no little footsteps thundering down the halls or a crash radiating through the house as a box of toys is dumped out.

And then I see this…

IMG_7862

IMG_7863

This sweet little being sleeping away.  A calm in the crazy.  A great example to me.

No comments: