Pages

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Fish

(Sarah dear, this one is for you)

I once said in college (while I was taking an ichthyology class, still one of my all time favorite classes) “You know, you can learn a lot about God through fish.”  I still don’t know why so many people thought that was a strange statement.  Oh….yeah I do.

IMG_1087

(I’m not advocating to eat sea jellies – ps that’s right, NOT jellyfish, the correct term is sea jellies – but I don’t have many pictures of fish!)

So with that…this is a total random post.  But, it’s been in my head as I haven’t closed a few web-pages as I’ve been reading quite a bit about where our fish comes from.  Nothing new – we’ve all heard to be extra careful about where our fish is sourced from / how it is grown.  Just consider this an encouragement as we all journey through loving food and loving our planet!  How very green and hippie of me.

IMG_4791

(Our dinner from the other night…yummy tilapia in foil packets…easy clean-up, uses up veggies…win-win.) 

SO, here is a great website that is maintained through Monterey Bay Aquarium (need I say more?) – an easy place to check what you’re buying.

Happy Fishing!

IMG_1077

This summer at the Monterey Bay Aquarium…goodness, you can really tell I was excited!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Love, love, love this post! You crack me up! I'm so glad some things never change!