Pages

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Ohhhh, look what is new at the zoo!

EEEEEEK!  If you haven’t gotten your booty on down to the Dallas zoo…you better!  (Or call me so we can set up a zoo date and go for free!)  Opening this weekend, the new Giants of the Savannah exhibit…

Wonderful.

   IMG_4354

Amazing.

SAM_0526 

SAM_0517 SAM_0511

OH my goodness I’m so thrilled.  Baby gets to see lions!  Everyone who knows me knows I love my job.  I am so excited about this amazing new exhibit – fantastic for families, for students, for individuals, for research (YEP, the zoo has a phenomenal research department!), it’s just great!!

At an employee preview party last week…

SAM_0515 

 SAM_0508

The official ribbon cutting ceremony with the mayor…(my good blonde buddy pictured here, Melissa, made the sign!)

jenny ribbon cutting

IMG_4308

Yummy treats…I’ve got such talented friends!

IMG_4380

(Training yard for public educational demos…not where these handsome, intimidating men are usually on exhibit!)

IMG_4333

IMG_4336

Check out that tongue!!   AHHHH, animals!

IMG_4341

I was fortunate enough to get to tag along with my researching buddy (have I mentioned that I get paid to do this…so unreal) to one of the “look out booths” as I call them, and I was so thankful that I had my camera!  Stumpy and Mama – two of the newest girls to come live at the zoo.

IMG_4374

Just in case you’d imagined yourself to be on safari…I loved this picture as I was heading back in towards the public area…Reunion Tower, McDonald’s, Bank of America Building…and two beauties from Africa.

IMG_4378

No comments: