Pages

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The post on the ‘post’

My birthday was semi-trash-reduction focused this year.  Please, let me explain.  I have been talking about composting for quite some time.  And this year both my parents and my “in-loves” came through and helped turned my mumblings into action!

So, I finally have had my fine little compost up and running for about 2 months now, really am using less garbage bags per month, and am ready to NOT have to buy compost for my garden/flower beds come spring.

Here it is!

Where it all begins – in the kitchen, this little beauty stores the veggie/fruit/tea bag/etc. matter so I don’t have to run outside ten times a day!

IMG_1226

The bottom of the compost – chicken wire – much needed so rodents don’t dig under, but worms can still get through!

IMG_1221

IMG_1223

No comments: