Pages

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Little Pieces of me

Drove to uptown this AM to meet dear Hood for coffee – yum.  As I was driving, I had one of those moments where time seems to slow down.  Waaaaaaay down.  I was listening to waterdeep – maybe that aided my thoughts?  Probably.

IMG_1589

I’m driving down McKinney Ave., a drive I used to make daily when we were still living in the apartment.  And I just got all nostalgic.  And felt really small.  Watching people walk the routes I used to walk, visiting places I used to visit, seeing people have carefree Saturdays (I used to have those too!) – now they’re not so carefree, but still joyFULL!  Believe it or not, life continues on as normal.  I know, thankfully and gracefully, that my life is significant; but on some matters – it seems so insignificant.  Humbling.  I’m one more person on this earth.  I better live well.  I felt like I was getting little glimpses of a former angela.  And then I had such a peace, knowing that I truly feel like “me” right where I am.  This life.  December 2009.  I’m so thankful for that.

Hood & abi a few weeks ago at lunch!

IMG_1234

1 comment:

Kristian and Katy said...

Love your thoughts, friend :)
Thanks for sharing.