Pages

Friday, July 17, 2009

Continuing on from the 2nd grade…

About 2 weeks ago, we were blessed by the presence of my dear friend Caroline.  She was visiting her family in Houston, and made Dallas her mid-point stop as she journeyed from  NYC.  It was a delight to see her with Abi (strangely surreal as Caroline and I cemented our friendship as co-barbie “players”) and I am ever-grateful for old, solid friendships.

IMG_8117

In an effort to get our friendship featured on the Today’s Show “Best Friends Day” – this is what I wrote!  Sadly, we didn’t make it on, but it was a joy writing about my dear friend.

“Good Morning!  I am writing to tell you about my dear friendship with my best friend, Caroline.  We have been best friends since we were in 2nd grade (when Caroline was "forced" by our teacher to be my buddy, as I had moved to town halfway through the school year).  Since that day (20 years ago) we have "survived and thrived" moves, multiple stages of life, being pulled in opposite directions both geographically and life-callings.  However, throughout all of these things, our friendship has been marked by faithfulness and encouragement.  I never question Caroline's support of me (and now my family!), her love for what I love (simply because I'm interested in it), and her genuine hope that my life is full of passion and joy.  She is a blessing, and our friendship is rich.  Even though we now don't see each other frequently (she in NYC, myself in Dallas) we are confident of always having a best friend in the other person.  In a world where women often fail to have true, deep relationships; we have found something unique and special. “

Thank you, Caroline for the blessing you are to me!

1 comment:

Kristian and Katy said...

so sweet. you're so fortunate to have a life-long friend!