Pages

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Sanctification through Motherhood

IMG_7599

This glorious thing called motherhood – without a doubt – the biggest tool that the Lord has used to change, sharpen, and mold me.

IMG_7611

And I am continually mystified by it.  How motherhood gives me no greater joy.  Yet, it is through revelations during ‘it’ that I have had some of my darkest moments.  I am frequently left baffled – left with my mouth open – left wondering ‘how in the world did that just happen’ – left wondering how I was entrusted to raise these little souls – left totally spent at the beauty and enormity of it all.

IMG_7600

I have been having some dramatic days as of late :)

‘Hear my cry, O God. From the end of the earth I call to you when my heart is faint.  Lead me to the rock that is higher than I, for you have been my refuge , a strong tower against the enemy.’  Psalm 61

Yet all of the drama gets reduced to something quite simple: I am the daughter of a most loving God.  Pray more and believe in its power!  Give thanks continually.

 IMG_7606

Even as I type these words, I am somewhat chuckling because I know that I will be dramatic and crazy and overwhelmed all too soon again.  And God, in his graciousness, will teach me lessons that are so very simple and wonderful in nature.

IMG_7588

1 comment:

Jennifer Hubley said...

You take the words right out of my mouth...always. But you put them so beautifully. Thanks for being honest. Let's try and put all our craziness under one roof...soon!