Pages

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Summer Catch-up:Louisville

About a month ago, I was able to head to Louisville to see one of my dear college friends get married!  And my parents met me there – delight.  Oh, and I got to have this little jaunt solo.  Oh my goodness, Donald dropped me off at the airport and I really didn’t know what to do with myself.  But, I was able to dig deep (hah!), and managed to enjoy being still, being quiet, enjoying a cup of coffee slowly, and read many-an-article about the Queen’s jubilee.  I’m jealous of myself just remembering it…

IMG_6824

(my parents have these amazing peony bushes that they had moved from my grandparent’s property – they’re so beautiful and one of my favorite things about home – my sweet momma brought me a whole bouquet of them.)

IMG_6834

IMG_6840

IMG_6841

(walking around the city )

I just felt so blessed by this weekend.  Blessed that I have a beautiful family in Dallas who would all rally to watch my two little beauties so I could have a weekend away / blessed that my family would drive down so that we could share some time together before another life change and share new experiences / blessed by friendship -though separated by miles and circumstances…there is something beautiful and graciously “permanent” about old, good friends.

IMG_6846 louisville wedding

(the beautiful bride…and oh wow, look at that big belly…is anyone surprised little fella is supposed to be bigger than Nate?!?!)

I love that there is a little group of us who capture so many memories through the food that was consumed – this is true of almost every Wallace getaway.  The food is one of the most delightful aspects of any experience.  Louisville – you did not disappoint!

IMG_6844 IMG_6849

IMG_6855 IMG_6857

No comments: