Pages

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Ode to Water

Today is World Water Day!!

IMG_6363

I really love water.  I love fresh water – I love salt water.  I love streams – I love lakes – I love oceans – I love pools!  Oh water, how delightful I think you are.

photo(2)

But, there is another reality, right?  While I love water; I mostly act unaware of its ready and ever-present presence in my life.  I don’t think too much about it when I’m taking a shower – or when I’m brushing my teeth – or when I’m drinking tea – or telling Abi that ‘no, you can’t have juice this close to bedtime, it’s milk or water!’

IMG_2469

It is heart-breaking how many people are insanely aware of the LACK of water’s presence in their life. 1 billion people lack access to clean water.  That just blows my mind and hurts my heart.

IMG_0920

Clean water is a paradox. Without it, life cannot be sustained — yet it’s a resource so easy to take for granted. The reality, however, is clear: Nearly 1 billion people across the world don’t have access to it. –World Vision

IMG_4658

There are lots of various things ‘we’ can do.  Prayer – donate – talk about it – be thankful.

IMG_8627

I pray next year the number is smaller – wouldn’t that be a beautiful thing?!

‘Mightier than the thunder of the great waters, mightier than the breakers of the sea, the Lord on high is mighty.’

No comments: