Pages

Friday, November 11, 2011

Fall Catch-up: State Fair

IMG_3090

I love-love-love the State Fair.  Can’t really put my finger on why.  It’s not really the food (although, don’t let me fool you, I always eat plenty while we’re there).  And it’s certainly not the games (never play, biggest rip off!) – but there is just something.  We love going to the fair.

IMG_3072

PS – I enjoyed this way too much…we giggled the entire “flight”

IMG_3088IMG_3084

Oh wait!  I remembered why I love the fair…the Bird Show!  It is a must-stop each and every time we visit the fair.  And baby girl loves it too.  Wahoo!

IMG_3107

Talk about awesome…we were standing in line to ride on the Ferris wheel (this is the one thing that Abi really wanted to do at the fair this year) – and our dear friends walked up behind us.  You can’t plan that, folks.  The rest of our fair experience was enriched for sure.

IMG_3108

IMG_3111

IMG_3113

While everyone else was in the petting farm (I can’t do it – call me the crazy zoo lady, but that place just makes me sad) – I walked around some of the animal barns, and found the largest piggy I have EVER seen.  The picture doesn’t do him justice.

And night descends on the fair…

IMG_3127

And dancing…

IMG_3136

IMG_3139 

Sweet little beauties…

IMG_3157 IMG_3171

IMG_3179

IMG_3177

I asked Donald if the fried oreos that I coerced him into buying were any good (you can’t leave the fair with tickets still in hand, I believe that’s a rule!)…take a good guess at his answer.

Until 2012, State Fair!

IMG_3183

No comments: