Pages

Friday, May 1, 2009

Back, back, back at the Zoo!

Well, this post is a wee bit late- just forgot to write it, really!  I am once again a working lady.  But don’t hold your breath – I’m just at the zoo on Thursdays only.  It is just perfect.  One day a week suits my personality so well.  I am so thankful for the opportunity to keep my hand in something that I really care about, enjoy seeing old friends, make a little cha-ching (and I emphasize little!), and Abi gets a whole, fun day with her Nanny and Grandpa (and I’ve heard the feelings of enjoyment are shared!).  Ohhhh, but it is hard on my heart to drive home from the zoo and know I only have about 45 minutes before Abi heads to bed.  I really do ache in a new way for working mommas.  But, thank you to everyone who was thinking about our little family on Thursdays – we so appreciate it!  So far, a success!

We went to the zoo a few weeks ago with Jen, Brett, and Ben – and here is a picture of one of the newest residents of the Dallas Zoo: a 9 foot albino alligator.  How cool is he (his name is Boudreaux)??!!

2 comments:

Kristian and Katy said...

so glad you are so happy! i know you love the zoo. i'm delighted you're back :)

Dressed-Up Dots said...

fun....and yikes!